Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dare to smell

  All eyes were on that bottle which was spinning on the ground. eyes getting wider with excitement as the bottle came to a halt, its tip pointing at Alok.
 "truth or dare?" chirped Sheena.
what will he choose? will he care for a dare or face the moment of truth? we all kinda knew  what his choice would be. always ready to take up the challenges it had to be dare. he was Barney Stinson of our group in that respect.  it wasn't like he was afraid of speaking truth but he liked walking on the road less traveled. since most of us opted for truth he was the only one who kept our interest going in the game.
"I choose.........DARE!!" roared Alok.
his reply was no surprise. we started brainstorming to dare him to do what this time. proposing some girl, doing gangnam dance in front of everyone. he had done it all.  just then a wild thought stinking of mischief crossed my mind. I grinned & whispered the thought in Sheena's ears. she seemed to like it but was a little apprehensive.
"well how will we keep check on him?" asked Sheena.
"come on we have run out of dares. this one's a lil  different." I replied.
"k then" said Sheena.
we turned to Alok to throw the challenge to him who was sitting rather comfortably showing no sign of anticipation.
"I dare you to skip your daily baths for one week. " I commanded.
the expressions changed on his face from excited to "whaaat" . he stared at us if we were serious. then after some thought,out came the expected reply "challenge accepted!"
 Bathless day-1:  the smelly games begin!
we were seated in class & making fun of previous day's game of truth & dare.
"didn't I told you something is brewing between Abhinav & pranita?!" I said.
 "I can't believe. he didn't even spare 1 sec to take Pranita's name for the girl in our class he liked the most." Sheena said in awe.
"...btw thanx for your 'no-fun' dare. what we got-a flop show . I would've given Alok a much better dare. "teased Sheena.
"it sounded better in my mind anyways it's not like we are gonna stop playing the game. " I said in my defense.
just then Alok tapped on our shoulders. "hey girls.just so you know I didn't took a bath today."
"Eewwww" we said together mocking him.
Bathless day-2-  that fishy smell.
another usual day. nothing out of ordinary not even any odour. but still something smells fishy.
 Bathless day-3: who let this smell out?
 a strong whiff of awful smelling air passed by me & Sheena,making our nose pinch in disgust. we both looked around to find the source which was none other than Alok. 
Bathless day-4: shortcut to hell?! 
"maintain safe distance, if it gets more unbearable wrap your handkerchief around your nose." Sheena suggested. it was chemistry practical & unfortunately Alok, the smelly boy was my lab partner.
"if I do that wouldn't he know that we are suffering?" I asked.
"we are dealing with sulfur here "Sheena answered my query.
chemistry lab never looked this dangerous to me as it did now.  anyways I worked according to Sheena's instructions,maintaining safe distance from him. surprisingly I didn't find the need of a handkerchief. maybe it was the smells of all the chemicals that overpowered the smell emanating from his body or may be Alok cheated & had a little bath. I was happily smiling at my fate when Alok who was standing beside me (I had ignored Sheena's instructions & reduced some distance from him). raised his hands up  & started pouring a chemical on the test tube. the "eeww-est" smell which was hiding under his armpits all this while found the desired chance to play with my nose & rushed out directly attacking my nose resulting in me getting a mini coma. in those very long 10 seconds I had a tour of hell.
after this incident I couldn't take smelly Alok any more. still 3 days were left to complete this challenge. god knows what's in store for us coming 3 days. we had to do something about it really fast.
after the college we confronted Alok & tried to reason him out  about this issue. but Alok stayed adamant. he raised his " dare history" card. in his 2 years history of truth & dare game he has never backed out of any dare. the argument was not reaching any conclusion & our reasoning started to turn into threatening.
Bathless day 5- Alok-the fly magnet.
  we were trying to stay away from Alok whereas the flies were enjoying giving him company.
"well somebody's loving my new scent!" he said mockingly as he swatted the flies.
we decided to go tough on him. it had to be done to save Alok & us from further embarrassment. with the ashirwad from Aloknath bapuji we started Alok'Bath' jokes. 


  after this act, Alok had to step down & he did. he didn't wanted to be remembered as Alokbath but as the legen-wait fer it-dary Alok who accepted all the challenges that came his way with a smile & a wink. being around him was like living underwater...holding the breath as long as you can. our condition was similar to these people(except boss) in this video-

 after this good news we let out a major sigh of relief. so we decided to reward him for his daring act of backing out of a dare. what better surprise than the Racold water heater (https://www.facebook.com/racoldthermoltdso he can wash off those stinking memories of 5 days & return as the old but rejuvenated & much better smelling Alok!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hrithik Roshan vs katrina kaif

Hrithik Roshan or Katrina Kaif? who's your pick? Both perfectly nail down the looks part and have illustrious Bollywood career. but wh...